fuel pump

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to buy remanufactured fuel pumps/sending units?

I do not think I would bother. Get a new unit and do not run it low on fuel and it will not require changing again. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
the sending unit has gone bad on mine, the fuel pump still works.

You want a new sending unit in there and I would seriously consider replacing the pump while I was in there when take open if it is several years old given the trouble it is to replace it at a later date. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Yes, I want a new sending unit and I know they only sell them as one unit pump and sending unit, but the cheepest I've found one is $280 dollars!

Adam F wrote:

What kind of truck? I just checked ebay and the pump for my 99 silverado is $115.00.
I wont buy from ebay very very unreliable, but I will at least check it out. My truck is a 99 gmc jimmy 4dr 4x4.

You could check Ebay but GM has patented it and after market has to pay GM a hefty royalty price to make and produce one in aftermarket and hence the steep price. It will only get worse on newer models as GM patents more parts. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Lots of people shy away from ebay. I've spent a few thousand bucks and had only one problem. It was resolved and I got my money back. If you buy online, you can't tell if its a real business or a guy working out of his basement. The price you quoted is probably the going price. The dealer is almost double that.
Adam F wrote:

I also got a part search price quote of $134 including shipping from Quality Auto Parts in Mobile Alabama....Anyone ever have any transactions with this business?? Of course I am going to call to see exactly what they will send me for that price!

Here is another source.
manufacturer: http://www.finelinefuelsystems.com /
source: www.rockauto.com (I've ordered from the three times with excellent results.)