74 Thing fuel pump, best place to buy?

Hello, All!

I tried to get one at local auto store and they got wrong one. Can anyone recommend a good online place that will get it right? I have a stock 74 with generator.

Thanks

With best regards, dukecola. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net

Reply to
dukecola

It should just be a standard Type 1 fuel pump.

Reply to
Ben Boyle

A side note: You need to be careful using alternator pump on a Genny engine; the length of the pushrod was different.

But John should be able to send you the correct pump without fuss.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

You can run the alternator pump if you wish, Bughaus has them for $19.95, the alternator-compatiable pushrod is $2.95.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

I found a German fuel pump for generator at eoveedub.com $179.86 US dollars.

Whoo Boy is it pricey!

Reply to
Jim347a

Oooops! that should read oeveedub.com

Reply to
Jim347a

Yes I know the main difference is the connections, where they come out of the pump. The one they sold me for the Thing is different than the one that's on my Thing. The one on the Thing now, the two lines for the hoses are parallel to each other and are aimed toward the front left of the engine. The new pump's lines come out in a V shape, one to the rear on to the front, so I'm afraid one hose may not be long enough. Will try it this weekend.

Reply to
dukecola