1999 Silverado Intermittent no start

1999 Silverado 4x4 5.3l will not start sometimes, usually after it has ran recently. relieve the fuel pressure at the rail and it will start. replaced the fuel pressure regulator, changed the f filter, changed the fuel pump relat, and no improvement. acts as if it has too much fuel! could the new regulator also be bad / defective?

Ideas??

Email me direct.

Reply to
partsmore

Vapor lock? I have seen it on a few FI vehicles. When you shut it off hot the pressure drops and then gas boils to vapor in line. When you relieve line you purge it and get fresh fuel in it. Try cooling of insulating fuel line and see if problem goes any. I know of at least one by back of a GM car because on vapor lock problems and it was a

  1. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I will checkinto this, and make sure that he tries unleaded vs ethanel, which reportedly vapor locks easier than unleaded.

Reply to
partsmore