If Im going to bypas the internal cooler?

Ok you brought up a good point. If I am to bypassthe radiator cooler, how big of an external tranny cooler should I get. 92 S-10 blazer 4x4 4.3 that does a fair amount of towing. (cars and boats)
The reason I ask is because I am currently running the radiator cooler and 2 fairly good sized external coolers, and am wondering if I can take the radiator out ofthe loop. Thanks Steve

is,
gary's theory, which i agree with, is that your stock cooler can actually become a "warmer", as the radiator is going to be warmed by the water.... i'd say that if you are externally cooled, bypass the radiator cooler..

You might try what I did. I found a spot in front of the radiator to mount the cooler, measured the space and bought the biggest cooler that NAPA sold. It is mounted right next to the A/C condenser.
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Won't this cause problems in the winter when outside temps are in the teens? I would think in the winter you would want the fluid warmed by the radiator coolant.
Opinions?
DAve

teens?
radiator
It warms itself up just fine as soon as the TC starts doing its thing. I run around 100* in the winter with a Hayden Ultra-Cool 26,500# cooler, bypassing the OE cooler. 88' C1500.
Doc