Interchanging ABS sensors OK

Just picked up a 97 S Blazer for a good price. Reason: It has a few issues with the ABS system and the owner decided not to do any more with it.

From what I can see it has had new front brakes (calipers,pads,rotors, lines) The rears are in good shape (although I'm going to replace the wheel cylinders and the rear lines since they are a weak spot on the Blazers (whoever decided to run all the lines between the body and frame where all the crud builds up should be SHOT!).

Anyway, I was looking it over and noticed it had a couple splices in the front ABS wiring. Then I looked at the parts book and found that this was the change over from the external sensor mounted on the backing plate and the integral sensors in the hub. The problem is none of the info I have says if they are interchangeable. Nor does it give the VIN breakdown for the changeover point. Anyone got a better source of info? Never really thought about it before this.

Reply to
Steve W.