ABS Sensors

Grand cherokee 1997 abs light came on, i tested all the sensors, non are open circuit, but 3 are 1.03 & 1 is 0.99..

Is this likley to cause the problem?

Reply to
Nige

Seems like a lot of Henrys for an ABS sensor

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Any help?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

henrys ?

Reply to
Pete

unit of inductance measurement: Wiki: If the rate of change of current in a circuit is one ampere per second and the resulting electromotive force is one volt, then the inductance of the circuit is one henry.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Ahh thank yo MrCheerful. I should have payed more attention to science instead of playing with the bunsome burner lol and english it would seem ;)

Reply to
Pete

What make you think they is Henrys?

Reply to
Peter Hill

on 26/01/2011, Nige supposed :

KOhm?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I don't know, they might be volts.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

aye, sorry....

Reply to
Nige

that variation is too little to be significant. imo.

it would still give a signal. most common abs fault is a bad connector or damaged wire.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

yeah, ABS light on is MOT failure

Reply to
Johannes

As is the light not coming on when you turn on the ignition.

Reply to
John Williamson

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Peter Hill saying something like:

Well, quite so. For all we know they may be John's.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

So 3rd would be a failed solenoid on ABS.

Wire the ABS light to the oil pressure light.

Reply to
Peter Hill
[...]

Apart from the near-impossibility of doing that on anything reasonably modern, the oil pressure light may not entirely mimic the operation of the ABS light. The tester's manual states:

1.If the vehicle is fitted with an anti- lock braking system, check that a. a warning lamp is fitted b. the lamp illuminates c. the lamp follows the correct sequence of operation d. does not indicate a fault

Note: The sequence varies with the type of system. Refer to VSI, manufacturer?s or other reliable data, e.g. purpose produced charts, books, etc

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

it is also rather sad that anyone would try to defeat the system on a safety item such as brakes.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Indeed, especially if the vehicle was sold on.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mrcheerful" saying something like:

Yeah, because before ABS, nobody knew how to drive properly or brake sensibly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I don't think it's do do with ABS versus non-ABS; it's the mindset of cheating a safety system, rather than repairing it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan