Knock Sensor...HELP!!

Any help greately appreciated..I have a 1994 s10 pickup..4.3 v-6/5 spd trans.The two wires connecting to the temp sensor and the knock sensor were ripped off the sensors,breaking the knock sensors mushroom looking
cap.It looks like maybe the wires got tangeled around the steering colume some how.Any way I must change the knock sensor now.The outer nut on the sensor will turn but the sensor itself is not turning out.The sensor is on the drivers side, between the 2nd and 3rd spark plug,behind the steering column.My only access is through the fender well..Jimmy..TIA

THe knock sensor is ususually in on of the motor block drain plugs. Try access the sensor from below and use vise grips to crush and grap it to remove it. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
Hay Snoman,Thanks dude.Space is so tight on my truck I`ll try anything.
SnoMan wrote:

I have access to a wire fed welder at work.Its a small lincoln welder we use to join sheet metal.Can I hit the knock sensor a few times with the welder without hurting the computer.This would solve my problem in removing the sensor..TIA...Jimmy
tsemi wrote:

As long are you fully disconect the battery and the wire from sensor to it too. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com