lift kit

hi every one i have a 1986 chevy blazer k-10 i have a 454 motor with a 350 trans. 35inch tires . i want to put a 2 inch body lift and 4inch suspension
lift ....how much trouble is this going to be for me?? and also the wiring harness is toast in this truck wired everything but the blinker system kinda hard nothing to work with.. does anyone know who to wire a blinker system. i can wire lights but the rest is a blur. thanks CHEVY MAN ALL THE WAY
Riddler

Ya know, most of the guys I see drivin' around in lifted trucks are around 5'2 tall and weight 120lbs soaking wet. It reeks of compensating for something else that just isn't "big enough." <bfg> In fact, most of the women I've talked to just assume that a lifted truck means the owner suffers from little Johnson syndrome..................
Now, if you were going to be using it for strictly off-road, mudding, etc., it's all good. But, if that was your intention you wouldn't be worried about you blinkers now would you?
Doc

if it was me..... I'd take some 3" wide masking tape, a sharpie and a sawzall to clearance for my tires.... lifted trucks get tiresome to get into on a daily basis.... riddler... try LMC truck.... if it was ever made for a 73-87 truck... they've probably got it or can get it. I got their catalog in the mail.... it doesn't help me with my '88 K2500, but I wait with baited breath (well, not really) for the newly released 88-98 catalog to arrive.
Doc, that is soooooo true... there's this guy around town with about an 83 or 84 black stepside GMC with a hot 454 and 38's... it's got at least a 10" lift in it.... I saw the guy get out if the truck.... about 5'4 and 90 lbs... talk about overcompensation.
-Bret

http://www.painlessperformance.com/ Try that place for your wiring needs. If you are going to lift your truck why don't you only go with the 4 inch suspension lift. Your tires will clear and the truck will still be half way useable. And Doc, you hit the nail square on the head.

Well that's a pretty narrow minded view of lifted trucks and seeing them on the street. Cause you see, most folks that offroad their 4x4s do not have a trailer and truck capable of hauling their rig and gear to and from the wheeling sites. So the trucks have to remain street legal eg lights, signals, mud flaps, e-brake. So to alot of wheelers it is the little things that are as important as the big ticket items like tires, lift, engine and drivetrain.
Same could be said for almost any motorsport, and don't kid yourself, guys eat that stuff up.
[...]
10" lift? what wheels did he have on it? 44"?
I'd like to have a lift kit for my '88 Isuzu Bighorn Irmscher (Jap spec trooper.), but can't afford it yet, still gotta get through varsity. what I's do before lifting mine is do a straight axle swap at the front, and replace the front IFS with a solid axle.
Still saving....