Off topic for Gary (or all)

My daughter-in-law has a 96 Cavalier. When it warms up and she comes to a stop it acts as if its about to stall. It hasn't died on her yet, but she drives to and from work at night and doesn't want to get stranded. Its not setting any codes. Does this sound like the converter lockup solenoid or does the car even have one? Is it exterior or inside the tranny? Also it doesn't do it all the time. Most of the time, the car runs great, so when it does happen it scares her. . . .

Reply to
George

yes

or

inside the side cover

] Also it

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Reply to
George

Might be in your tranny but then agian what is your fuel pressure? Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Re: Off topic for Gary (or all)

Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Jan 12, 2004, 2:22pm From: snipped-for-privacy@no.spam.either.net (George) Hey Gary - thanks for a quick response. It seems like a cheap part and shouldn't be too hard to change.

35040 bucks at the dealers

order by application, the wiring varies

you need a 13 mm swivel socket, a 10 mm swivel socket, 13 straight, 10 straight, some extensions and a ratchet

oh, and a pair of long-nose pliers to weasel the wiring connector off and back on, it's behind the throttle cable link wire

check the valve body bolts for snugness while the cover is off, especially the 13-mm-headed one just to the rear of the pump cover (square AL cover about 3 x3)

only real problem will be if it has that stamped-steel side mount affair that curls around the side cover, it's a cast-iron bitch to get out sometimes.....I can't reacall what a 96 Cav will use

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

shit........35-40......damned arthritis

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

And I thought $35,040 was on target for a dealer part.

;)

Reply to
Martin Riddle

that's if you tell them it's for a vette...

Mac

Reply to
mac davis