trouble starting and knocking noise in idle after it warms up (30 miles or so)

Help! We purchase a 2000 Trooper noticed a slight ping/knocking noise in the first month. Several months later noise is more often and now we are having trouble starting. You start it, it dies, about 2 to 3 times. I read the article on the pinging noise took off and cleaned the EGR but not sure I torn it down far enough. We have changed inline gas filter, air filter, and cleaned EGR any other ideas?

Reply to
tjcoutryheart

Just a suggestion: My Isuzu is earlier so this wouldn't apply and I'm not familiar with the later models but with my 97 T-Bird the exact same problem was caused by a dirty MAF (mass air flow) sensor. In the case of my Bird the sensor looks like the filament in a light bulb and as air passes over it, it tells the computer how much fuel the engine needs. Over time it collects fine particles of dust. Need a residue free cleaner with a brush (radio shack) to clean. Depending on accessibility its an easy project (but delicate). Made a huge difference in my case. Ended ping, added much HP.

Did a google search on Isuze+MAF and got some feedback so apparently you would have some sort of MAF.

Good luck.

Frank

Reply to
F.H.