OH Crap!! 2.8 probs

hey guys...
ill make it short..... right bank (pass side) front cyl. pulled out the spark plug... its rust brown... truck misses at idle but kinda clears out
when accelerated. no noticable loss of coolant.. changed all plugs /wires/cap and rotor...still misses at idle. please tell me this isnt a seeping head gasket.

It isn't a seeping head gasket. Coolant leaves a whitish tinge on the plugs, not brown.
Doc

. .
hey guys... ill make it short..... right bank (pass side) front cyl. pulled out the spark plug... its rust brown... truck misses at idle but kinda clears out when accelerated. no noticable loss of coolant.. changed all plugs /wires/cap and rotor...still misses at idle. please tell me this isnt a seeping head gasket. ==================== snipped-for-privacy@nope.com (Doc) replied........
It isn't a seeping head gasket. Coolant leaves a whitish tinge on the plugs, not brown.
Doc ====================
fuel additives turn it brown.....or rather a rust color.....
so.......... have been dump'n a little bit of sum'tn down the ole tank tube?
try'n to cure a problem?
well....
looks like all it did was scare you.
MarshMonster ~:~ ======================
the truck set for 2 and a half years.... had 3/4 of a tank of gas and I did dump some stuff in to clean it up. got it from the local NAPA store... said it was good s*%t. I STILL have a miss!!!!! LoL

Doc ==================== snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Marsh Monster) wrote:
Fuel additives turn it brown.....or rather a rust color.
so,
Have you been dump'n a little bit of sum'tn down the ole tank tube?
Try'n to cure a problem?
Well.... looks like all it did was scare you.
MarshMonster ~:~
the truck set for 2 and a half years.... had 3/4 of a tank of gas and I did dump some stuff in to clean it up. got it from the local NAPA store... said it was good s*%t.
I STILL have a miss!!!!! LoL ========================== snipped-for-privacy@nope.com (Doc) writes the prescription......
Drain the fuel tank, replace the fuel filter, change the plugs and fill her up with 93 octane and see where that gets ya.
Doc ==================== ok.... the Doctor has given you your prescription.
I know it's nasty tasting, but be a big boy and take yer medicine before the symptoms get worse and you end up with a more severe problem.