Performance exhaust system for 03 Z-71

I looking for some help. I'm thinking about getting a catalytic converter back exhaust system kit but am not sure which manufacture is the best. Most of my driving is highway and I'm thinking of getting a
toyhauler trailer that I'll use the truck to pull. I'm looking for a good balance of power and gas mileage.
Thanks
A friend of mine has a FlowMaster on his 02. I was impressed by the sound of it and he said he noticed more of a mid RPM power increase with it. Here is their website http://www.flowmastermufflers.com
Good Luck!
<TRx2> wrote in message

Yeah, I just put a Flowmaster muffler on my '93 K1500 (5.7) last month, as well as a high-flow catalytic convertor and 3" pipe all the way out. It not only sounds "burly", but it gave me a MPG boost and it has a LOT more power. I originally wanted the exhaust to look like dual, with two pipes coming straight out the back, but the guy at the exhaust shop gave me two reasons why I shouldn't. The first was that if I ever considered putting a camper shell on my truck, it could fill with carbon monoxide and kill someone (or a pet!). The other reason was that it didn't add any performance, and the long elbow on the driver-side pipe usually breaks under stress, especially if used off-road.
It quiets down to nothing when you're cruising. It's only beefy sounding when you're accelerating. The only downside I've noticed is that I've developed a horrible case of lead-foot, since I just love the sound so much. Even so, driving like an idiot, I still have about 3mpg more than I did with the stock system.
It really seems to give an inferiority complex to these high-school kids with their annoying lawnmower-powered imports. I just hit the gas and drown out their noise. It also makes them want to speed past, so it's a way to launch radar probes ahead of you... ;)
-Derek

<TRx2> sez:> I looking for some help. I'm thinking about getting a catalytic

For a performance boost in the useable torque range you are interested in (instead of the HighSchoolHarry Hotrodd rev limiter variety), check out Gibson:
http://www.gibsonperformance.com /
Their numbers for hp/torque increase are spot on for what I gained with stainless headers and swept-side muffler ... right about 10%.
VLJ