ping: PeteCresswell

Pete,
I saw in a previous thread that you had permanently fixed the valve body problem in a 4L60E. Can you elaborate what kind of vehicle, cost and how you found the shop to do it? I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 z71
with 65k, fluid/filter changed every 15k, I never tow and have gone through 2 valve bodies already under warranty. I believe the dealer throws a new valve body it there that has the same problems.
TIA,
Derek
Per snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com:

I'm near Phila PA and I went to a transmission shop recommended by a trusted local mechanic. Trans shops in general scare me - too many yahoos and not enough professionals.
As I recall it was about $500 - which several people in this NG said was kind of high.
As I understand it, the process involves boring out a cylinder in the valve body and sleeving it with something made of more robust material so it doesn't wear out again.
I'm way past the mileage where a straight-up replacement should have failed, so I guess it worked.

Been there - twice.
--
PeteCresswell

Sonnax corp makes a vb repair kit that is commonly used for this problem. Check Sonnax.com

-
Pete/Shep,
Thanks for the replies. I am deathly afraid of trans shops and need to try to find one that can do the work. Thanks for the info and at least I feel a bit better armed to go ask the right questions.
Derek