pinon seal

HI? I HAVE A 1996 CHEVY S10 4.3LIT I WAS WONDERING HOW TO REMOVE A PINON SEAL /??
THANKS TIM J

THANKS TIM J ------------------------------------------------------ To do it right you should get a manual. Basically you are just going to unbolt the flange and pry the seal out,but first you should mark the position of the flange and you should count the number of threads visible,and you're supposed to record how many Inch-pounds of torque are required to turn the flange .It's pretty easy really except sometimes that nut that holds the flange on can be a real bear.And getting the seal to go it straight is a bit tricky. Best....Brian O.