Pressure reg

I need some info on a 1994 4.3 Vortec 148K pressure regulator Vin W, my parts guy(NAPA)says its Dealer item the dealers tell me I have to buy the whole spider assy. There is no replacement for the regulator itself, the
part with poppets and all is $480.00 I was hoping to find an easier on the wallet repair. the customer is on Social Suck and really can't afford them numbers for an older truck. I was thinking of using the one off the TBI but have been told that doesn't work, any thought? TIA

http://www.lindertech.com/reconinj.htm
Don't know anything about them but these folks rebuild those injectors, they also sell just the regulator. Maybe worth a look.
HTH
RJ in WV
A brand-new unit can be had for less than 20% more than Lindertech's re-built unit. The injector can be had from www.partszoneonline.com for $276.41, part number 17113673. It's also suggested that the "nut kit" be replaced at this time also. This kit includes the inlet and return lines inside the manifold and are also prone to leaks, they're $44.72 from the same place, part number 17112705. It's not cheap, but this is the right way to do the repair. Lindertech doesn't replace the poppet nozzles, I found these to be VERY brittle on the injector in my 94 when I replaced it.
FYI, use the same part numbers at www.gmpartsdirect.com and you'll find slightly lower prices but outrageous shipping costs. Both of these sites are GM dealers that sell parts online at a significant discount.
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:56:03 -0400, "RJ in WV"

Thanks for the info, I ran across the site a while back, and bookmarked it just in case.
RJ in WV

Dealer is right.
Maybe the customer should drive a vehicle they can afford?

. . . Pressure reg snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com (tomdavin)
I need some info on a 1994 4.3 Vortec 148K pressure regulator Vin W, my parts guy(NAPA)says its Dealer item the dealers tell me I have to buy the whole spider assy. There is no replacement for the regulator itself, the part with poppets and all is $480.00 I was hoping to find an easier on the wallet repair. the customer is on Social Suck and really can't afford them numbers for an older truck. I was thinking of using the one off the TBI but have been told that doesn't work,
any thought? TIA
try the bone yard
yer welcome for all that hard to come by information.
Pressure regulators are pretty generic in function, If you can nail down the factory rail pressure specifications then a aftermarket adjustable reg. could be used with a gauge......neccessity is the mother of invention Summit racing and edelbrock has all kinds of regulators for fuel injection usage. Improvise soldier. -- Mad Dog