Question about Piston Slap

I have a '99 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3 ltr, 31,000 miles, Flowmaster 40. I do not have piston slap, yet!!! I have been using Mobil One since 5,000 miles. Will the use of Mobil One keep me from getting the
dreaded Piston Slap? Thanks for your help.
No, Mobil 1 does not prevent piston slap. all motors get it with wear n tear.
--
Mad Dog
--
"Autumn" < snipped-for-privacy@juno.com> wrote in message
Not all GM motors, just those prone to piston slap.
Brian

There is some debate on that from what I hear?
The skirts wear less with Mobil than with Fossil oils, and there is less chance of the barrel shape on the skirt wearing down with pure synthetics than with fossil oils.
But, it was just talk at a local GM dealership. Nothing fact like a TSB.
Refinish King
I know what we can do? We can ask Jabs?

I don't know much about "jabs" From what i've seen, that's a good thing !
--
Mad Dog
--
"Refinish King" < snipped-for-privacy@mindyourbusiness.com> wrote in message
I have a 2000 with a 5.3 and I have run Mobil 1 from 5,000 miles on and it has piston slap from 7000 miles on, Three cyclinders are making noise and GM does not give a shit. Mobil 1 may slow the wear process, but the real fix is to start with pistons that are fitted properly. Cosider yourself lucky if your motor is quiet at this point.