Re: GMC: "We are professional grade"

No, it depends on if you know the difference between an investment and an expense..

Fuel, like a truck, is an expense.. If getting to work in comfort is more important than getting there as inexpensively as possible, (it was for me), that's known as a choice.. OTOH, If you want to invest in ocean front property in Arizona, I can handle the deal.. ;~]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

It's nice to know that my Chevy truck needed ALL ball joints replaced at $40,000 miles and is considered professional grade.

It's nice to know my "Professional Grade" Chevy truck needed a new rear-end at

22,00 miles.

It's nice to know my 5 year old "Professional Grade" Chevy truck's check engine light has came on 3 years in a row from November to March and the dealer reads the computer and says its due to a bad thermostat (which has never been changed).

It's nice to know my "Professional Grade" Chevy truck's rear shocks were leaking after 10,000 miles.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 2 Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
jack

So your dealer tells you the thermostat is bad and you don't have him change it?

That statement alone causes me to question whether the problems you had were owner caused.

Which is not to say you could not have gotten a lemon, but hey, every manufacturer produces a few lemons.

Reply to
Commentator

Your response alone causes me to question if you have a brain. So now premature wear out of ball joints/shocks and a rear-end are the fault of not changing a thermostadt that a computer mis-reports as bad? (which by the way two dealearships agreed is a common problem with these "Professional Grade" trucks).

You sound like an owner of a dealership who is always tying to shift the probem/fault from the automaker/dealer to the owner.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 2 Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
jack

Don't be stupid. The question is raised because someone who has not changed a part three years after first being told it is bad, and in spite of having continuing problems, is not exactly the most contientios about taking care of their vehicle and treating it with respect.

I asked my wife, who knows nothing about mechanics: If someone said they prematurely had to replace parts on the front end, lost the rear end, and has problems with their shocks to boot, what would be your first reaction?

Her answer: Somebody is obviously abusing the vehicle in the way they drive it.

So yes, I do question whether your problems are owner caused. I think it highly likely you drive it like its a rental, and don't bother to maintain it properly, resulting in more than normal problems.

Reply to
Commentator

Let me repeat once again for the hard of reading.. The thermostadt is not bad.. the computer is mis reporting it. The dealers confirmed it and said it would be a wate of time and money to replace it. After 3 years of no cooling related problem and perfectly normal operating temps I'd have to concur they are right and you are not.

That the vehicle is piece of crap.

The two you are a good match. Neither one of you have a clue.

To show you how wrong you are.. I rarely drive it. I account for maybe 20% of the miles and 80% of the miles are highway miles. It's a 2002 with 55,000 miles and it's never been off road.

Face it you blew this one.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 2 Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
jack

NOT in the original post. Nothing to do with hard of reading, all to do with you expecting people to know or infer that which was never said. Twit.

Really? It is not normal to have that set of problems together unless the truck is being driven very hard.

So if you only drive 20% of the miles, how can you know how it is driven the rest of the time?

Not at all. Natural reaction to your whiney crap.

Reply to
Commentator

Rather than jump to concusion perhaps you should have asked why I chose not to have it replaced. Stop assuming you know it all and trying so hard to impress people.

Or that the truck is not as "professional grade" as you would like to think it is. Sorry to burst your bubble big boy.

It's also not normal for people to speak out their ass, but it doesn't stop you now does it?

Where did you get that the problems occured together? I never stated they did. Of course I can see you'd like to twist the facts to justify your irrational conlusion based on false assumptions.

You are in no position to know why the the truck has had so many problems. Insisting you do know demonstrates your stupidity and makes you look like a troll.

Because, unlike you I know how my my wife drives.

Actually you did. All your conlusions are based on assumptions that the truck was driven hard and or not maintained correctly and you have zero evidence/first hand knowledge of either and can not possibly substantiate your speculation. When talk out your ass your credibility goes to nothing, but it's your credibility so do with it what you may.

Unless you can actually provide a response based on facts, I'll consider this issue dead. Save yourself some face and do the same.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 2 Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
jack

Give it up. There are two types of people you can't talk with. Idiots and trolls. In this case Commentator is both:)

The other Jack

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 2 Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
jack

Sorry Charlie but the whole premise of any tax cut for business or changes to tax code that allows businesses to depriciate capital "expenses" over a shorter period is that business will then "INVEST" that money in more assets and or R&D.

Anytime you spend money to make money you are investing. The fact that you later able to "expense" those assets in no way negates that the asset was an investment.

Investing is not an accounting term per-say. It does not show up on an income statememt, balance sheet or P&L as an "investment"; rather it shows under assets. Assets, by definition are investments.

At least use Goolge before making fool of yourself.

"The term "investment" is used differently in economics and in finance. Economists refer to a real investment (such as a machine or a house), while financial economists refer to a financial asset, such as money that is put into a bank or the market, which may then be used to buy a real asset.

In economics, investment is the production per unit time of goods which are not consumed but are to be used for future production.

The investment decision (also known as capital budgeting) is one of the fundamental decisions of business management: managers determine the assets that the business enterprise obtains. These assets may be physical (such as buildings or machinery), intangible (such as patents, software, goodwill), or financial (see below). The manager must assess whether the net present value of the investment to the enterprise is positive; the net present value is calculated using the enterprise's marginal cost of capital"

I don't have to ask an accountant, I am one. Now stop being stupid and move on. Two minutes of googling and you would see how rediculous your position is unless of course your a troll.

jack