Rearview Mirror/Compass and Temp installation for Trailblazer

Greetings,

I picked up a 'rear view mirror upgrade' for my 2003 trailblazer. I wanted one when I bought my trailblazer, however, I couldn't see spending another +$1,500.00 for it with all the OnStar options, so, I got a mirror and now am hooking it up. The temp sensor must mount somewhere up under the front bumper. I was wondering if anyone knows about these? Also, I was surprised; it has 2 fuse boxes, one in the engine compartment and one under the passenger seat behind the driver. I was wondering where the mirror cable plugs in, I need switched

12Volts, Ground, and what they call Reverse Inhibit, the mirror I have has auto dim, when in reverse it must disable the dim function at night by bringing the reverse Inhibit to +12V when in reverse. I'm getting old, I remember when an entire automotive schematic would fit on one page in a Chilton's manual, of course, that was when I was hooking up my 8-track player and CB radio.

Thanks in Advance,

Mark in Ohio

Reply to
Markus

On my '99 Sierra 1500, the connector for the mirror was above the headliner. I just pulled the center of the headliner down a few inches and reached in and hooked it up.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

Dave,

I can't find the cable above the headliner, must be in the onstar cable option, or, perhaps, a small pigtail that is added if the mirror option is installed. I'm going to pop the covers off the pillars and see if I can find the wires I need.

Thanks for the reply,

Reply to
Markus