rearview mirror

is there any type of new glue or adhesive on the market to keep the rearview mirror on? I have tried several kits to no avail. I have done other cars and trucks of mine with no problems.

Reply to
Chevy s. ten

usually this is done with a superglue type product. Mating parts must be

100% free of grease.
Reply to
Battleax

this one has failed 3 times. is there anything better out there that you are aware of?

Reply to
Chevy s. ten

Might want to try a body shop.

Reply to
Sigwings

Reply to
Chevy s. ten

Reply to
none2u

Reply to
Chevy s. ten

Reply to
none2u

Reply to
none2u

I had the same problem one time. I had done a dozen or so mirrors, and never had a problem. Then all of a sudden I did one and the mirror kept falling off after a little while. I couldn't figure it out. I was doing everything right, just like I had always done.

Or was I?

After three or four failures, I set down and read the directions again. This time I made sure I read all of them! Sure enough I found out what I was doing wrong. I thought I knew how to do it, but after I cleaned things I was putting the glue on both pieces and that was the problem. The directions said only put glue on one piece. With glue only on one piece it works and stays on like it is supposed to. I guess too much glue is as bad as too little.

Reply to
Diamond Jim

Reply to
Chevy s. ten