Steering column removal.

How do you remove the steering column aluminum casing to expose the switches? I am having trouble with the headlight and wiper switches and need to replace them.
Thanks, Andrew
"msr971" wrote

need
Number one...your headlight dimmer switch (I'm assuming you are talking about the dimmer switch as it works in tandem with your wiper/signal stalk) is located quite a ways down the steering column from where you actually actuate the dimmer switch. There is a long push rod that goes from the signal stalk down to the switch on the column.
Number two....what year and model are we talking about?
Ian
Sorry about that! This is a 1990 Chevy Suburban 2500. The headlight switch does not "click" when I attempt to turn on the high beams, nor do the high beams work. The switch feels soft when I attempt to activate the lights.
The windshield wipers will not go into the intermittent mode, only fast and faster! When I attempt to turn them off, I have to hold the switch in the "washer" mode, then release it when the wipers are in the down position. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andrew
Sears Wayne