tank pressure problems

still having trouble passing my 76 4x4 1/2 pickup through inspection. The tank keeps failing the pressure test but checked out everything and cant find a leak all the way to the carb or the canister. and does the tank pressure test test just the tank and what hoses? are there any tricks to get by or do I have to just swap vin plates for about an hour!lol Thanks James

Reply to
Jamie

I thought that vehicles over 25 years old were exempt from emission checks?

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

Top Post.... Here in Texas where I am an inspector...Anything 25 years or older is exempt from emisisons testing....Basicaly they sould just check Brakes,Lights,Mirrors,Horn,Tint And Fan belts...Have your inspector reread his hand book... If all of the above and the test drive passes then you should pass ..No reason not to.. Seve C Re: tank pressure problems Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, May 2, 2004, 8:42am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@spam.not (NoSpam) "Jamie" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3311.bay.webtv.net... still having trouble passing my 76 4x4 1/2 pickup through inspection. The tank keeps failing the pressure test but checked out everything and cant find a leak all the way to the carb or the canister. and does the tank pressure test test just the tank and what hoses? are there any tricks to get by or do I have to just swap vin plates for about an hour!lol Thanks James I thought that vehicles over 25 years old were exempt from emission checks? Brian

Reply to
cook steve

here in de 74 and up still get tank test, but think 68 and older dont have any emissions,... passed the emissions test anyway, brakes were near perfect.

Reply to
Jamie