having trouble starting

Do you hear at least a click from the engine area? If so, direct your thinking toward starter motor issues. Otherwise, it's "other", and the clutch switch is as good a place to start as any. I'm not sure where that switch is, but it should be easy enough to spot with a flashlight, and perhaps operate it manually and/or test it with a meter. If it tests OK, is there anything new that might be obstructing it? Perhaps a different set of foot mats for the winter?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

If its still the original battery - its the battery! Dor the headlights shine brightly or do they quickly dim to yellow (w/o engine running)?

Reply to
Wolfgang

Have a 99 tacoma 4cylinder and been having trouble starting it. I turn the key and nothing happens, not sure if the clutch is very sensitive and not all the way in? Might this be a starter problem or maybe a battery. thank you for any insight.