Timing chain 96 1500 5.7L

Do these motors have any timing chain issues? 96 1500 5.7L 85K mi, well maintained with synthetic and not abused.

--TW "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "

-Terry Pratchett

Reply to
Tundra Wookie

"Tundra Wookie" wrote

I have seen very few timing chains replaced on these engines.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

This is why I bought a new GMC Sierra instead of a Toyota Tundra. My last timing chain lasted nearly 300,000 miles on a '78 Chevy 350-4. Hope my new one goes as long. I know the engine has a lot more power and better mileage than the old one ever did.

"Tundra Wookie" wrote

I have seen very few timing chains replaced on these engines.

Ian

Reply to
Ann Meffert

They last awhile, that's for sure. These trucks most certainly do not have 'timing chain issues.'

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"