Tire pressure

Page 2 of 2
Yep, someone could go absolutely nuts trying to keep the exactly correct pressure. Racers do it, or rather their crews do it. For common folk it just isn't practical.
I wonder if the day is coming where the vehicle will monitor tire temp and load weight and correct the pressure automatically.
Pumper Hinkle wrote:

That day is most certainly in our near future. Military vehicles are able to adjust tire pressure based on traction needs from the drivers seat. Ages ago ( at least as early as the 60's) Benz had air bladder suspension systems that adjusted ride height based on speed and load. Once the air compresser is installed under the hood, there are plenty of things to use it for.
-Dan
I don't know why we aren't already there... the DUK had onboard air!!! I think I saw a new vehicle commercial that monitored the tire pressure, but didn't have onboard air.
GMC Gremlin

folk
and