Tow/Haul not working on my '00 Silverado 2500

My tow/haul quit working about a year ago on my truck. Don't use it that much so never really missed it. Now, I am towing more and would like to use it? Any thoughts?

Common failure point is at the base of the gear selector where it meets the column. Look inside the rubber boot. If yours is like mine the boot is cracked open and access (visual) to the wires is pretty easy. Mine is broke there. Mine still works if I pull back on the selector and push the button. I guess the break makes contact then. I hope this helps. Glenn

Thanks for the post. I will check it out.