Towing

I have a new 04` 2500 HD,with the 6.0 It now has 650 miles. My question is,when would it be ok to start pulling my 5000+ lb trailer? Thanks!

Now. View the post "New Engine Break In" started on 9/21/04.
GMC Gremlin

Here's a thought: Crack open the Owners Manual. Lynn

trailer?
Agree. I think mine said to drive 500 miles at speeds below 55 mph without towing and then at speeds below 50 for the first 500 of towing. I could hold the 50 but I was pulling over passes that were over 11000 feet. (The Duramax sure made a difference).
On 23 Sep 2004 11:27:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.commode (Lynn) wrote:

Oh no, not RTFM!!
but it's in such a nice shrink wrapped package!
Mac
Like that`s gonna tell you what to do. All it says is for the first 500 miles don`t pull anything.After that don`t go over 60 mph.
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:03:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bill) wrote:

which is pretty much the info the poster asked for..
Mac