2003 HD 2500

does anyone know what reduced engine power means i have this message on my dash and the check engine light is on sympotms are as followes i start the truck the engine is slow starting but it will then i try and give it gas and nothing i will then turn offand restart and then all is ok but the engine light stays on the whole time anyone have any ideas what this could be

Reply to
unclepis1

I do. It's time to get the codes read and find out why the CEL is on.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

al what is cel never heard of that before

thank you paul

Reply to
unclepis1

Do a fuel pressure check for starters. It should be 60 to 65 PSI. If you run it low on fuel a lot it can shorten pumps life a lot. You could also try changing fuel filter regardless.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Check Engine Light

Al

Reply to
Big Al

let me try and explain it better the truck cranks real slow it starts and runs great but i get this message that says reduce engine power and i depress the pedal and nothing but truck idel is fine i shut it off a couple of times and restart and the message is cleared but check engine light stays on i looked in the manual and could not find anything yet i am still looking for what this could be i dont think it is a fuel problem yet i am buying OBD2 reader this weekend to seee what code i am getting and then i can try and clear it thank you all for the quick response

Reply to
unclepis1

May be two seperate issues here. Weak battery for starting/cranking and a fuel pressure or management problem for the power/responce issues

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

No need to buy anything. Go to AutoZone or Checker and have the codes read. They will give you a print out. Then tell us what it says or google it.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

THANKS I HAVE CALLED AUTO ZONE AND I WILL PICK UP READER AND LET YOU ALL KNOW TOMORROW THANKS AL FOR THE HELP

Reply to
unclepis1

thank you snowman i am going to try the auto zone obd2 reader and see what code i get and will let you all know tomorrow

thanks for the help

Reply to
unclepis1