Trailer Electrical Connector Cover

Hey Guys, The spring loaded round plastic cover on my factory trailer hitch connector is crumbling (02 Silverado). I don't think it stood up the sun and elements
too well. The friendly folks at GM are willing to sell me a whole new connector assembly for around $50, but I hate to replace the whole connector for just the plastic cover. Can anyone recommend a source for just the connector cover? A GM part number for the cover alone might nice to have also. I've found that parts guys insist that items are only available as assemblies, until you stick a part number in their face. Please post replies to the group. Thanks for any assistance.
you can buy the whole connector(1/2) male or female at any good store for 7.00 wal mart, costco, kmart etc old john

connector
elements
connector