04 Silverado trailer brale connector

Where is it? Looked under the dash and can't seem to locate it.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Look in your owners guide. The model I have, had the 'pig tails' still wrapped in the bundle. Just to the left of the steering column.

You then attach your brake controller to them.

Reply to
Bill

Its on the floor next to the brake covered by a plastic cover.

Reply to
Troy Sigwing

Good< they went back to that. My 2000 had the socket where you plug into, but I understood on the newer ones. they discontinued that feature.

Glad they fixed it.

My 07 has the wires, so I guess they went back.

Maybe that is why GM is in so much trouble.

Reply to
Bill

I think it depends on the model. My 03 and 08 2500HDs for instance came with the 7 pin connector already installed next to the hitch, but on my 08

1500 it had a plug stuck into a plastic blank, and you had to buy a special adaptor type 7 pin plug. (or do like I did, and cut off their mess and install your own)
Reply to
Bob La Londe

My mistake. I thought OP was looking for where to attach the brake controller.

Reply to
Bill

They were. I was just commenting that the layout may not be by year, but rather by model.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I found it. Only took me about an hour of looking. It's in a fuse and relay panel under the dash to the left of the steering column. The connector plugs in to the panel at the top. Quite confusing:) I was expecting to find a harness with a socket on it like my 04 Dodge has.

BTW: The owner's manual has almost no help for this.

Al

Reply to
Big Al