vented gas cap

Can someone tell me if a 92 s10 blazer should have a vented gas cap? I had lost the gas cap and I bought a vented gas cap and seem to be having vapor
lock problems now.
Thanks,
JD
--

http://jdhowell.ontheweb.nu /

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful
Should have read that I bought a NON vented gas cap