RR Classic Vented Disks

The Vented disk discussion above got me thinking..

My classic '86 early efi does not have vented disks. Occasionally I have had brake fade (but only when seriously provoked by less than defensive driving style). The front disks have seen better days, so instead of putting a set of Paddocks cheapies (now less than £8 a disk!!!), I could put on some vented disks from a later classic.

I presume I would have to change the calipers (?), but that aside, is it a straight swap?

David

Reply to
rads

Paul Coley

Paul and David Hi,

no need to change the calipers. You can use your existing ones and modify them with a set of spacers, seals and longer bolts.

If you are interested for such a set please let me know and I will send you the e-mail address of my supplier of such kits in the UK.

We do this thing (modify non vented to vented front disks and calipers) all the time here in Greece.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Pantelis,

I was hoping someone might say that!

Details of your suppliers would be most appreciated.

Paul, might be in touch, depending on what I find out from Pantelis.

Thanks to both.

David

Reply to
rads