Which are good shocks???

Hello,
I have a '99 Yukon 4x4 4 door short wheel base and need new shocks for it, but am very unsure with what brand name to go with. The vehicle sees some
very rough road at times, but is not an extreme 4 wheeler. Any suggestions or thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
Also, what are your thoughts on poly bushing kits?
Chevguy wrote:

ride on my 1997 Z71 K1500. Haven't tried poly bushings - don't think I want to actually.

My Tahoe with Bilstein's rode nicer than my Lincoln Town Car...both were the same year, the Lincoln had less miles. When it came time to replace, I decided to go with a heavy duty Monroe truck shock...drove it for 10 miles and returned to have them removed and Bilstein's installed. If I had to, I'd pay three times more for Bilstein...luckly they were about the same price.

Thanks guys. Is there a particular series or type that you guys are using of Bilstein? Or is there just the one choice on the menu?
Chevguy wrote:

the yellow Monroe magnum's from napa

Ok. Bilstein has 2 choices: the comfort ride and the Heavy duty. Just wondering how "harsh" the h.d. are.
Have you actually looked at the shocks on your Tahoe? Chances are they are Bilsteins. They came factory equipped on my Yukon.

Chevguy wrote:

My '99 Yuk's OE Bilstiens didn't like the BFG A/T's I put on at 40k. Rear was hopping on sharp bumps, fronts where OK. Tried different air pressures also but no dice. I tossed on a set of Monroe Sensa Tracs on the rear and it rides better, hopping way less. I don't like Monroe's but it was a quick try 'em, you got them in stock, experiment to see what if as my trucks a pavement tow vehicle not a off roader so my concern was on road ride. At 85k now and still got the same shocks in.