4" lift kit Extends Wheel base?

I noiced since I put my 4" lift kit on I don't have the turning radius I used to. Is this a norm?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

There's a good chance the lift altered your caster angle. If it did that can affect you turning rqadiius significantly. Easy to check on a proper alignment rack. I have a 4.5" RE kit on my YJ, had to put 2 degree steel shims on the front to get it back into spec.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Cool, thanks for the info.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Did you install a drop pitman arm? If so, your turning radius is shorter because the pitman arm is shorter (axis to axis). You can check this out by turning your tires as far as they'll go one way or the other, then get under there and look at the 'bump stop' bolts. They are now useless. You can't turn it sharp enough to contact the bolts. You are now limited by the steering box. I've heard or read here on RAMJ+W that a mid eighties or so full size Bronco pitman arm will give you back your turning radius. I haven't checked one out, but it just might cause other clearance issues - with the tie rod. TrailMarker.

Reply to
TrailMarker

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

or maybe you put on larger dimeter tires. john

Reply to
johnny