Pro comp shocks from 4 wheel drive any good?

No, they're not, at least if you're talking about the ES-1000, ES-3000, or ES-9000. They aren't specifically valved for Jeeps and ride so stiffly that I doubt you'd like them. Their 6-way adjustable MX-6 is better but only because you can set it for a softer setting but even it is not available specifically valved for the weight of a Jeep.

Jerry

swbell wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Its a beautiful thing, Jerry and Bill working together. :) I would even prefer a cheap set of DT shocks before the procomp. They have cool photo ads though. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Well actually I am prejudiced towards bilstein because my neighbor and friend works there. (poway) But those DT shocks are cheap and Im all for supporting local business. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Pro Comp stuff tends to be cheap offshore sourced knock-off of more quality products. In the end you get what you pay for. They may be better now, but the Pro Comp suspensions I've driven or rode in were very stiff and didn;t flex well at all on the trails.

Rubicon Express used to source Doetsch Tech shocks with their kits and they seemed to match up well. Until I switched over to Bilsteins I ran a set of DT 8000s on my YJ and thought they were great. Unfortunately they were 2.5" diameter housings which interfererd with suspension travel. I swapped them out for Bilsteins 5125s & 5150s which have about the same compression/rebound specs but in a 2" diameter housing.

Reply to
SoK66

The ProComp springs are actually very high quality and have a spring rate that lots of the more hardcore types like. I agree on the rest of the stuff though their MX-6 shocks are also very good quality shocks. Their arms are crapola.

Jerry

SoK66 wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford