Yukon Rear Door Lock

Hi all. I have a '99 Yukon and the rear door lock seems to have quit working in "power mode". I can still lock it using a key, but when pressing the power switch it does not lock or unlock, nor does the remote cause it to function. All four of the door locks work normally. I don't see any wiring entering the doors via flexible conduits, so I presume this lock operates via radio frequencies. Does anyone have an idea where I should start the troubleshooting process?

Thanks for any assistance, Ray

Reply to
WaterWatcher

Look at the door jamb. You will see several brass contacts that correspond with flat contacts on the door. Take some fine sandpaper and clean them up, and I bet your lock will start working again. Got a '99 Tahoe that had the same problem. If you have heated back glass, you may want to check the contacts on the other door as well.

Reply to
Bill W

Yes! That was exactly the problem! Thanks a million for your help!

Ray

Reply to
WaterWatcher