Why do you let things get personal - quit the flame wars already!

Page 1 of 2
The personal comments in this forum are really getting tiresome. I'm sure everyone is tired of watching your flame threads get longer and longer while re-hashing the same old BS. Someone asks for help,
people chime in with assistance, SnoMan posts his 2 cents, you guys start flaming him. He's here to help and he's not the one starting flames. Be an adult here, just post your own info and keep your personal shit to yourselves.
SnoMan has been helping many people on here (for free I might add) and whether he is right or wrong every time is not the point - he is "trying to help" people. He has posted good info for so many people on this forum that he has become a valuable resource. Your personal comments that bash him all the time are most definitely NOT a valuable resource to anyone - just proves that you are unprofessional. If you don't agree with something that someone says, and you actually DO want to help, simply reply with alternate information and facts for everyone to see.
Like your mom should have taught you, if you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth shut. Next time you just want to bash somebody on here, do ALL of us a favor and click the little red X at the top corner of your browser.

Where exactly is all this flaming going on? I read this group multiple times per day and I'm not seeing it. Which threads?
Hello, Augustus! You wrote on Sat, 03 Feb 2007 20:18:01 GMT:

by a novice to really screw up their vehical, something needs to be said. I know everybody has an opinion but wrong info needs to be pointed out...and I don't care who posts it. But the thing that I've noticed over the years is that most people will admit to making a mistake and life goes on but ole Snowy gets defensive as hell. That should tell you something..
Have a good day!!
Denny

If the odd criticism I read here is "flaming", then obviously the OP hasn't seen much of the crap that goes on in most other ng's over the years. And the OP is almost certainly a sock puppet.

Good point on the puppet deal. I hadn't thought of that..
Denny

That is the problem with you and your perception. I am wrong if you do not agree and no other reason. If I am truely mistaken I have said so a few times which is something the trolls never do. Personally they can through all the stones they want at me because in the process of trying to make me look bad, they make themselves look a lot worse. Life is a learning experiance and some can learn until the die and try to understand things new to them or they can close the door and their mind to them as some choose to do. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

More BS!!!! Let's see the V10 sensor???

Yep Roy you are really full of it. 87 octane forever huh Roy!!! ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

What are you talking about? 87 octane? I drive a 6.1 Hemi, prior, a diesel. Why would I have any interest in 87octane?
Once again you avoided the V10 sensor. No surprise.

I have disagreed with several of you statements and have asked for references. You state you've studied engineering, i/c engine theory/whatever and have written papers about it. Personally I don't think you have. You don't write like a person with much education. Hell, you won't even tell me what college you attended. There is just too much that you talk about that sounds like you've read it in a book but never really done it before.

Ok, then where is the knock sensor on a Dodge V10 that you've talked about???
Denny

Perhaps if dave asked he might answer.

Hard to look worse than you. They bring concrete facts. You blow it off as imagination and never (that I have seen) given any evidence beside insults. Typical of predators/abusers/politicians/etc.

"a few times"
I wish it would be each time that you are mistaken. Regardless to what the other "trolls" do, you should know to not jump off of a bridge if someone else does. My ire comes from a few times when you were totally wrong, .... could not and would not prove your point.
I will give you one recent example. It was regarding piston slap. You were referring to the way engines are assembled at the factory for the affected piston slap motors and motors prior to the Gen3&4. I disputed your information, because I am in those plants quite often, and I watch the assembly process for days on end as part of an audit. You have never been in the engine assembly plants, and you cannot verify the process. You only have your "friend of a friend" knowledge regarding this.
Admit that you were wrong. It will raise the respect level. It's something we all learned in kindergarten. Nobody is perfect, but people will respect a person that admits his mistakes.

At this ng it may be a few times. At the dodge group it is constant.

That is a point we all can agree on. Well said.

Then don't read them

Nice to know you are the new group spokesperson.
< Someone asks for help,

You are a fool aren't ya??
Your idol has and continues to post false, misleading and at times dangerous information.

You will note that when the idiot get's lucky and post's correct info nobody say's a thing.

My mother taught me a lot of things. One of them was not to take any crap from a sock puppet.
Next time you just want to bash somebody on

Do me a favor and GFY

Wait a minute. I'm a little slow these days in the middle of a move and wife's cancer surgery and . . . . . . . . . . . .. SuperDave IS SnoMan!!!!!!!!!

Huh?? Elaborate please

I have a lot of things on my mind so it took me a while to realize Snowman changed his name to SuperDave to attempt to intimidate everyone into letting him get away with stupidity.

You already said that. Nobody laughed. If you have so much going on, why are you here trolling? Shouldn't you be with your wife, or packing... or doing something productive?
Oh, and Roy - you seem like a great guy in real life - a real gentleman. Telling "GFY" to a total stranger - that's one of your best posts yet! You know of course that you are really just showing the world what a class act you can be when you type stuff like that.
All I asked is for you guys to keep your personal shit to yourselves, and post real factual data. Go ahead and retaliate guys (directed at you trolls - and you know who you are) but unless you post something worth reading, you're wasting the time of everyone here (including your own).