Flame wars

Over the past year I've noticed that many regular members have left during flame wars not to return after the smoke clears. Where do they go? Is there an alter-group?

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

href="

">Den's>1977 Puma

Probably

There's excellent signal to noise ratio over there. Far better than here.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

...............There's a lot of valuable information available to anyone who wants it here at RAMVA. If the "noise" is too much..............????.........do what you have to do. There are some respected members of STF who have no patience with fools and idiots. The thing that's different compared to here is that STF is moderated. USENET is a different type of format that has it's own good points. To each his own.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Anything done in moderation is not done correctly. ;-) You go around ONCE, unless you believe in reincarnation, in which case I'd like to be reincarnated as a woman's bicycle seat, but that's another story in itself.

Reply to
Shaggie

much..............????.........do

Personally, I just add the twits to my killfile on usenet and call it done. But I'm usually not so quick on the kill before I get urk'd to do so.

Like that kaferdude I won't ever hear a peep from again in here.. But he does post on STF, and I do see his posts, but he'll just get whacked by the moderators he get out-of-line there and for that I'll trust the moderator's discretion.

Now I'm wondering if I can set personal ignores on STF?? hmm..

Reply to
David Gravereaux

much..............????.........do

Obviously you're not that quick on the killfile, or you wouldn't have responded to my post. Anyway, killfiling people doesn't work that well since usually anyone who is annoying enough to killfile will evoke responses from others that you'll wind up seeing anyway. It works much better for email. I get *literally* over 150 emails every day and I only have one person filtered straight to the trash. My email filter has "grown" over the course of about ten years now, and so far only "mario" holds the distinction of getting his emails dumped straight into the trash. I got tired of his personal threats via email so I decided to dump his drivel into the trash rather than get worked up over it. You can only hear so much bragging about carrying a concealed weapon and how someone will blah blah blah blah blah.... A couple more comments below.

You mean Kafer Dave? You'll see him post in here again if you stick around. I prefer to use my own discretion to decide what I want to see and what I don't want to see. I'm not in grade school and don't need other people to make up my mind for me what is "right" for me to see.

I guess that's more like it. You decide what's right for you. "Personal" ignores. Again, it won't work on usenet unless they've come up with new filters I haven't heard about, but at least don't depend on someone else to decide what's right for you. Best bet is to try to grow a thick skin. Just remember, not everyone gets the "social contract." :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

You're not up for killing, even if you do own a Japanese car ;) Say, how's your new kawy doing? Getting new found air on the trails?

oh, yes mario == that "kaferdude" I mentioned.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

................Considering that his thievery has been quite well documented, it's surprising that the STF moderator even allows him to post there.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Its Kafertoys or Mario Vintage Werks restorations and I know you think I would get enough VW chat at my shop to post. but sorry you have to deal with me like it or not. its not like I'm not restoring really nice cars and if it wasn't for guys like me building the standerds up what would this hobby be. I have 25+ years working on VW's its not like your going to be able to close your eyes and I'm going to be gone.

Oh and why not tell the truth Travis about why you blocked my e-mail? I still have your e-mail to me want to compair.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

...................Hey guys. Look at how I edited Mario's response to my post so that he couldn't get around your kafertoy message block on your newsreaders. You didn't miss anything.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

CAREFUL Tim...you are posting non vw content, and probably pretty close to being "noise"...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Coolies, thank you ;)

Reply to
David Gravereaux

reading the posts I want to. I never click on most.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

awww...come on dave...you edited out the best part...the part that showed i was just playing around...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

I kept all of your emails too. I call your hand.

Reply to
Shaggie

Christ not again!!

jan

Reply to
Jan

No, Jan I don't want to start anything again I just wonder why Travis would lie about me threatening him. I didn't threaten him he threatened me I just told him if he wants to come kick my @ss that I hope he had good heath insurance. Again I say if it makes little people like him to feel big about themselves fine let them lie but think there are others in this group that are not as entertained with their childish BS snd that's all it is. I on the other hand am part of this group to help out, if its with 25 years of backed advice or parts I have for sale.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thanks for the information, sorry it burst into flames. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I do not even know Shaggie, but I would trust him 10X more then I'd ever trust Mario. This is not meant as a slam on Shaggie at all. Mario is a crook, and the Judge agreed with me.

John

Reply to
John Connolly

Bullshit. I said I called your hand. Where's the emails? I'll tell you where. Right here:

I said:

"Mario, I've heard too many of the same stories from too many people to believe you to be anything more than a common thief. I'm not going to waste my time going out to your shop to hear your tales of woe and lies. I have my own welder and although I'm not great with it, the welding work I saw you do is no better than what I'm able to do. I also don't care to play the schoolyard games with you, and I feel I've made it VERY CLEAR to the newsgroup crowd exactly how I feel about you, so I don't plan on blabbing too much more about my opinions of you unless I'm provoked into doing so. You have absolutely nothing I want and your services are of absolutely no value to me, so I prefer to quit wasting my time even responding to your "poor me" emails. I'd have a little respect for you at least if you'd have said something more the the effect of "Yes, I've been dishonest in the past and have cheated several people, but I realize it's not the right thing to do now and am working to make those things right." And of course if you actually did that, rather than just say you were going to. Since I don't believe anyone will ever see that happening, you're a lost cause in my book, and a waste of my time. I'm finished with you."

You replied:

"> you think you can stomp me bring it on I hope you

I replied:

"mario, unlike yourself, I prefer to keep balls out of my mouth. Remember, I've met you, so I know you are TINY and skinny and weak and even whine in person like a little girl, so I've gotta laugh when you threaten me with physical violence. Learn some respect for your betters. I'm going to do you a favor and set up an email filter to dump your stupid-*epletive deleted* emails straight into the trash before you get me riled up enough to do something stupid. Now go drink a protein shake and lift some weights and try to bulk up a litte bit, you sad, sad little clown. :-)"

After I set up the email filter like I said I would, you changed the email address you used to get around the filter to send me more bullshit:

"--- snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: guess its good you backed down then...funny thats what the last guy I put in the hospital thought....its you thats the clown here.

So you see, mario, I tried to get you to shut up with your emails by filtering you but you went the extra mile to tell me how you put someone in the hospital. Let me tell you I am just shaking in my shoes. Now I'm going to do RAMVA a favor and put you in my killfile here. You can act like the loser clown you are and change your posting name to get around it again or you can get the hell over it. I told you I was calling your hand so you just lied and said I threatened you. Show me the threat. I said I was filtering you so you wouldn't provoke me into doing something stupid. You continued to try to provoke me after that. You're just a really stupid son-of-a-bitch, aren't you? *plonk*

Reply to
Shaggie