1991 acura integra Gs with 163 k

I notice the other day i started my car and, noticed a knocking sound right after i started the car. And it when it warmers up it goes away. could it be valves? or oil ? any ideas?
Thanks, Jimmy

Does it go away in a second or two, or in a few minutes?
If seconds: big end bearings are shot. Time for a new engine.
If minutes: it's piston slap. Worry not; it's normal and engine will run-- quite literally--forever with it.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Actually, there is another noise that's also normal: valve clatter. It's higher-pitched than big-end knock, and clearly comes from the upper end of the engine. This will go away just about the same time as the oil light goes out, or about a second to a second-and-a-half.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Mr Tegger assumes you've opened the hood, checked the oil level and found it full.
You could try switching brands of oil to see if that helps but as Tegger says, a little piston slap isn't deadly.