2.5 TL ABS Code

On my '98 2.5 TL, the ABS light has come on. I jumped the diag connecter under the glove box and read the flashing code - 1 long, seven short - code
17. My research turns up "Rear Left Wheel Sensor - opn/short to body ground/short to power"
Anyone have any advice where to go from here? Try cleaning it? Does it need to be replaced? Is it an electrical issue?
Thanks in advance, MZ

Check the pickup wire. It may be twisted or otherwise damaged.
Make sure the pickup has not been bent so it's touching the gear wheel.
Make sure there isn't any rust buildup on the gear wheel that would contact the pickup.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Thanks, took it off today and cleaned it up. Couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. I didn't realize these ones are sealed, I expected the kind with the tip/shaft. Anyhow, I put it back on, reset the ABS computer, backed it down the driveway and the light went off. MZ