91 integra replaced timing belt but still will not start.

:? Me and my dad replaced the timing belt lined everything up just like the book said to and it still will not start I have just returned from overseas after being there for a year and my wife said the car
just stopped running and wound not start shortly after I left it has been sitting for over a year. I am getting spark and fuel rechecked the timming marks they are also good but still will not start. open to any and all suggestions?
Did the timing belt break?

http://www.autoforumz.com/Acura-91-integra-replaced-timing-belt-start-ftopict112154.html
On 14 Apr 2005 16:02:52 -0400, LNHAVARD

If the car has been sitting for a year the fuel may be bad. Let your nose tell you. Does it smell like gas or does it have a rank, varnishy smell? You may need to drain the fuel rail, fuel filter and lines as well as the tank and get some fresh gas in there.
See also: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#stalling
"John Ings" wrote: > On 14 Apr 2005 16:02:52 -0400, LNHAVARD
> > >:? Me and my dad replaced the timing belt lined everything up > just > >like the book said to and it still will not start I have just > returned > >from overseas after being there for a year and my wife said > the car > >just stopped running and wound not start shortly after I left > it has > >been sitting for over a year. I am getting spark and fuel > rechecked > >the timming marks they are also good but still will not > start. open to > >any and all suggestions? > > If the car has been sitting for a year the fuel may be bad. > Let your > nose tell you. Does it smell like gas or does it have a rank, > varnishy > smell? You may need to drain the fuel rail, fuel filter and > lines as > well as the tank and get some fresh gas in there. > > See also: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#stalling
The belt did not break but with over 120k miles on it the car was not running good. I have put more fuel in the car and also put some carb cleaner in the gas but still no fire. Fuel did smell varnisy.Pulled injectors and cleaned them with carb cleaner got sa good spray patteren out of them. replaced spark plugs and rechecked the timing. Timing was good but after changing spark plugs I saw that I did not put the wires in the correct firing order :oops:. Fixed that problem and it still will not start it sounds like its wants too but will not catch. :(
On 15 Apr 2005 10:38:33 -0400, LNHAVARD

Purge the fuel lines and fuel filter by running 12 volts from the battery back to the fuel pump and removing the plug at the end of the fuel rail. The ECU will not let the fuel pump run for more than a few seconds if the engine isn't running, you have to bypass the main relay. See the website for how that works. http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/MainRelay.HTM
Also if the gas tank was nearly empty for a year, there may be rust from condensation in the tank. This can plug up the little plastic filter at the inlet side of the fuel pump and cause low fuel flow problems. That buck and sneeze 'I'm trying to start' symptom is typical. If possible find a fuel pressure guage and make sure you have clean gas at full pressure in the rail. Just having gas in there won't do it. It has to be up to pressure.
I'm with John Ings - the fuel is probably in terrible shape. The critical issue there is that the injectors are probably plugged nearly solid by deposits.
Try a spray of starter fluid in the air filter, close the filter cover and crank the engine. If it vrooms and sputters out, blame the gas. In that case, you will probably have to pull the injectors and clean them. The dealer would be the most reliable place to get them cleaned, as they will do a no-fooling flow test afterward (if the dealer is any good, anyway.)
Once the injectors are cleaned, replace the fuel filter on general principles and decide what to do with the leftover gasoline. If the tank is less than half full you may elect to add a bottle of injector cleaner and top off the tank with fresh gasoline.
I know this still leaves the question of why the car refused to start soon after you left, but let's start with the basics - all the engine needs to run is fuel/air in reasonable proportion, spark at the right time, and compression (includes valve operation). The fault has to lie there somewhere.
Mike

http://www.autoforumz.com/Acura-91-integra-replaced-timing-belt-start-ftopict112154.html
do you know anyone lookin for a integra motor 92 low miliage please email me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com