Bonneville - replaced caliper, but still not releasing

Hope you can help.

Had a right brake caliper that was not releasing. Replaced it (actually replaced it twice, to make sure the first one was not faulty, since it was still acting the same). Now, it "occasionally" does not release. What gives now?

What do I check next? Would it more likely be the main cylinder or the ABS system? If ABS, then is it some sort of controller?

Thanks,

spncity

Reply to
spncity

"spncity" wrote

You might want to try replacing the right front brake hose.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ian

Thanks for answering. Tell me more (I'd love to know the "why" behind your suggestion).

spncity

Reply to
spncity

"spncity" wrote

They can collapse internally. Which will make it difficult for the caliper to retract.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Okay, I'll check it out. However, the fluid was coming through well when the caliper was being changed. I appreciate your comments.

spncity

Reply to
spncity