Found small screw stuck in MXV4-plus tire

Today, when parked at Home Depot (where I highly suspect they don't sweep the parking lots frequently enough), I happened to notice a small screw stuck in my
front drivers-side tire (Michelin MXV4 plus). The tire did not seem flat (in fact it was overinflated slightly, but I had just got the car inspected in NJ and maybe they inflate the tires as part of the inspection... who knows).
Anyway, I removed the screw by turning counter-clockwise with a pair or pliers. I estimate that the screw was stuck in around 3/16ths of an inch (MAYBE as much as 1/4" though). It was in one of the deep gaps that surround the circumference of the tire, but was sticking in at an angle (not straight in). The diameter of the screw may have been as much as 1/8" (including the threads) depending on how far in it actually was.
I plan on putting some soapy water onto the small hole where the screw was. If I don't find any evidence of leakage, and if the tire hold pressure, then the question is:
Should I:
1) Do nothing.
or
2) Put a dab of sealant on the OUTSIDE just to help protect the area in case I run over debris there. If so, then what do I use (silicone, or something else?)
or
3) Take the tire to a repair shop and have it patched from the inside as a precautionary measure
Let me know what you think?
Thanks,
J.
Today, when parked at Home Depot (who I suspect doesn't sweep the parking lots frequently enough), I happened to notice a small screw stuck in my front drivers-side tire. The tire did not seem flat (in fact it was overinflated slightly), but I had just got the car inspected in NJ and maybe they inflate the tires as part of the inspection (who knows).
Anyway, I removed the screw by turning counter-clockwise with a pair or pliers. I estimate that the screw was stuck in around 3/16ths of an inch (maybe as much as 1/4" though). It was in one of the deep gaps that surround the circumferance of the tire, but was sticking in at an angle. The diameter of the screw may have been as much as 1/8" (including the threads) depending on how far in it actually was.
I plan on putting some soapy water onto the small hole where the screw was. If I don't find any evidence of leakage, and the tire doesn't lose pressure more than other tires, then the question is:
Should I:
1) Do nothing
or
2) Put a dab of sealant on the OUTSIDE just to help protect the area in case I run over debris there. If so, then what do I use (silicone, or something else?)
or
3) Take the tire to a repair shop and have it patched from the inside as a pre-emptive measure
Thanks,
J.
Give it the soapy water treatment, or just spit on the hole, to see if the screw has made it through the belts and breached the tire's air chamber. If no bubbles, don't worry about it. If you see bubbles, have a tire shop repair it. If you are a normal driver, it'll not be of any significant concern. If you try for a new land speed record every time you get behind the wheel, ask the experts at the tire shop; they'll just love to sell you a new tire. Even if it is patched or plugged, the chances of a catastrophic failure are slight. It is commendable that you are paying attention to your tires. Many people don't bother to look at them until they are flat completely.

[...]
If it doesn't leak I wouldn't worry about it.
jaynews wrote: <snip long and irrelevant story>
news at 10: how i nearly ran over a plastic bag, but didn't.
<<news at 10: how i nearly ran over a plastic bag, but didn't.>
...and...news at 11: how *you* found the bag, and then smoked all the crack cocaine that was inside it, and then decided to reply to this thread ;-)
jaynews wrote:

Yes, but which of the THREE identical posts?

I stubbed my toe today. Am I going to die? Should I put a dab of glue on it? Please help me, I'm at my wits end and I don't know what to do about it.
I'm such a clueless nuckfuckle, I'm lucky I'm not *quite* a woman.
Jeez.
--
Dan.