Painting plastic side door moldings and stock skirts

I have a stock silver '01 and want to paint these to a matching silver instead of the black molding all around - I personally like the look instead of the two black lines from the moldings on each door side.
Anyone who has done this - any recommendations? How did you match the color? I know I can look at the side door panel and under the hood for the color code, but will it really match if I paint the molding?
Thanks!
Chad