side skirts on a 5 door

Hi,

Im trying to fit some side skirts to a mk4 escort 5 door. At the mo I not sure exactly how to get them to stay on, whether I should use mastic or some other way? Also if anyone has any pictures of a 5 door with skirts please can you send them to me.

Thanks

Reply to
Nick

It depends on the design of the skirts and how permanent you want them to be, some will just clip in place others need to be glued or screwed in place. If you screw them on you can take them off to repair stone chips / scrapes or sell them on when you want to move to a new car (this will require some filling and spraying) if you glue them on then any repairs have to be done on the car and should you need to return the car to standard getting them off is a big pain you will break them so no chance of selling them on, the glue will need to be removed (probably by sanding) and the standard sills will need painting.

Reply to
Depresion

No more nails. Just stick 'em straight on

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

You could actually nail them on! It couldn't look worse than a badly fitted "bodykit" on a 4 door grocerygetter does anyway...

Reply to
Burgerman

As long as you use 'anodised' nails.

Reply to
Mark W

Wood screws are the way forward

Reply to
ronny

Ok I'll bite. ;) How do you make a screw from wood?

Reply to
Depresion

With the same kind of precission lathe work that you use to make perfectly square matches of course.

Take one tree, trim to length, then gradually machine the sides down to the designed cross section. the start again for the next match.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo