Trailer lights adapter/converter for 2001 3.2 TL

Hello all,
In my manual, it says that there is a plug by the left tail light for trailer lights. I tore my trunk apart last night and found it. The manual also says that you can buy a "converter" (adapter) from the
dealership. When I went into the parts dept. of one dealership, he didn't bother to check into it and said that the shop installing the hitch would probably have it. I forgot to mention that the manual tells me to get it from the dealership.
Is this something that the hitch place (U-Haul, etc) or an autoparts store would carry or is this a dealership only part? If anyone knows the specific part number, please send it.
I'll go check out another dealership later and bring my manual in with me.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
Conan Kelly