Update to the Unofficial FAQ: EGR fix

I know I've got a FAQ to-do list as long as my arm that's also got a beard on it as long as my arm, but I couldn't put off Delbert Brecht's submission
on his EGR repair.
Delbert submitted highly educational photos and an extensive writeup on his adventure. How could I pass that up?
If you've never had any experience with EGR, this will be enlightening.
See it here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/egr-fix/index.html
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger ( snipped-for-privacy@tegger.cm) writes:

Nice FAQ... the following doesn't seem correct though.
"Ambient air contains 21% oxygen, 78% nitrogen and 1% trace gases (which includes about 0.4% carbon dioxide)."
My understanding is that there is 280 PPM to 380 PPM (depending on where its measured) of CO2 in the atmosphere. This would be 0.028% to 0.038% of CO2 in ambient air.
(i.e. 380/1,000,000 X 100 = 0.038%)
(i.e. Nitrogen 78% or 780,000 PPM... 780,000/1,000,000 X 100 = 78%)
Just thought I would let you know... after all, 0.4% (4000 PPM) would really freak out the GlobalWarmers/CarbonDioxideDemonizers/ClimateChangers/CarbonTaxers. :)
snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (M.A. Stewart) wrote in

You are absolutely right! I accidentally misplaced the decimal point.
It's been fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.