Very Rough Idle 95 Integra

I just picked up a nice 1995 Integra for my wife and she LOVES this car...only problem is that when I went to check the car out and buy it, it ran fine in the seller's driveway and for a test drive around town. Came back the next day and picked the car up and drove it home (25-30 miles) with, again, no issues. The next day, I went out to start and drive the car and it had a fairly rough idle. I took it on a short test drive and it felt like a cylinder was gone. Veruy rough when in gear and low, low power especially going up a hill. Well, its now sitting in my driveway and I'm at a loss. Its a 4 cyl, auto trans and 150k miles. The car was very well maintained, by the way. Am I missing something obvious here? Thanks in advance for any help! Norm

Reply to
The Doctor

The Doctor wrote in news:8b30b7ee-badf-40ce-a2e5- snipped-for-privacy@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com:

Do an Italian Tuneup. I'm serious.

Drive it hard, with lots of full throttle and high revs, letting the automatic tranny bounce off its upshift limiter all the way up. Pretend you're 16 years-old again, in other words. About five minutes of this should do it.

You'd be amazed how many stupid problems that fixes, especially on cars that spend their lives being driven fairly sedately.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9A82EAECA9834tegger@207.14.116.130:

Next,it could be a bad plug wire set/distributor problem.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9A8320D02D45jyanikkuanet@64.209.0.86:

Could be all kinds of things. The Italian Tuneup helps eliminates built-up goop in the system.

Reply to
Tegger

The Doctor wrote:

Hey man what up? It sounds to me like you got a clogged IAC valve, IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE, it's located on the back of your intake manifold parellel with the firewall. It's what adjusts air flowage when you first start your car when it's cold, it adds more air then it normally would after you say you,ve been driving all day. It also controls. Your air flowage when idling. It's a pretty easy fix , all you need is some carb cleaner, a 10 or maybe it was 12 mm , socket wrench and a towel. Do when car is cold. First the two black hoses pointing downwards, use the towel to catch the coolant that's gonna come out when the hoses are removed, not too much will come out though. Secound unplug the plug. 3rd remove the two bolts holding it on . There facing your firewall. The valve should be free now. Next spray the shit outta the two lil holes then let dry. Overtime they get full of build up from the intake manifold and when they do it causes the valve to stick messin up your idle. After it's dried up reinstall, and don't forget to the 2 hoses and plug. That's what I'd check first, its a common problem. But I could be wrong, your fast thermo valve, clogged fuel ,injectors, wore spark plugs, clogged catalatic converter, or it could be something little like bad gas, loose spark plug wire, or since your cars an auto it could be your automatic transaxel gear position signal is out of alignment. Got a check engine light on on the gauge cluster? This will be the best help you can get, go to my google pages, scroll to the manuals section and choose pretty much any link and download yourself a Honda factory service manual specific for your car. It has all answers to any questions bout your car you may have. Well here's my google page address

Keep us updated on your problem

Reply to
Backwoodz Tuner