What would it take for you to buy a new Acura TL

One would think Acura would post such a question/poll on their own website.
I test drove the 2006 TL and like it much more than my 2001. I have been
reading other forums and found others have some of the same hopes that I do for future models before we make the investment in a new car.
I thought the three things that would be required for me to replace my current car are - 1. Better noise insulation (even the 2006 isn't quiet enough - not talking about handling or stiffness etc, the BMW has a fun tight ride but is much quieter on the inside) 2. Better gas mileage - probably will have to wait for the 2009 hybrid TL (fine with me then it will have the new lithium batteries for significantly improved performance) - and yes I know there is no money to be saved currently with hybrids) 3. Better voice activation for the NAVI - I can do a hell of a lot with voice command on my phone - should be able to just say 2100 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA and it should pull up directions.
This is such a tiny thing but I would actually wait another year for just this feature - Not sure if it would be a deal breaker for me but I REALLY want this feature [url]http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleIdx27&categoryId ![/ur- - l]
I would like the rear view camera - but it isn't a deal breaker although I would buy it as an option!
I would also like more REAR leg room. I'd give up trunk space as I have more passengers than luggage.
I would love for the NAVI to pull contacts from my PDA phone so that I wouldn't have to reenter any info and then I could just say a contacts name and it would pull up the address.

website.
do
significantly
[url]http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleIdx27&categoryId ! [/ur-
more
name
Have you looked at a BMW -- 3 or 5 series. If so, would be interested in your evaluation.
I like the feel/ride of the BMW. I feel that their (BMW) electronics have failed to keep up with Lexus - let alone Acura. I think you get a lot more bang for the buck with the Acura vs. the BMW 5 series but I feel the noise insulation is significantly better in the BMW. The BMW gets pretty low MPG which would make me feel environmentally guilty.

said:

We had three leased BMW 5 series cars before getting our 2004 TL - two 540s, and one 530.
The 540 cars are marginally faster than the TL, and the 530 handled better. I could throw it into corners without bothering to slow down. It felt as if it were on a slot track. The TL won't drive like that.
But having said all that nice stuff about the BMWs, you cannot even approach the creature comfort and standard equipment in the TL. The BMW 530i optioned out close the the standard TL with Nav, is at least $15,000 more. IMHO, the fit and finish is better in the TL. The TL is actually a bit larger inside and out.
If you're not racing the cars, it's a no-brainer. The TL is a much better value and car for the money.

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me

When we had the 530i, the maintenance was free for 36 months, which happened to be the period of the lease. But, other than a couple of oil changes and tire rotations, they aren't giving you much.
Both cars have similar warranties, so there's no difference there...

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me
On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 17:40:05 GMT, Larry in AZ
I just took delivery of my '06 TL Last Thursday. I'll tell you what it took. Test Drove the Lexus ES350 and the Lexus ES250. Really nice cars. Test drove the TL. Real European touring sedan handling. Lexus had lousy dealer honesty. Looked at th Audi A4, Mercedes C280 4matic and the BMW 325i. Best Value, most room, and best way of dealing with the customer Acura TL. No extras just with NAV or without. Chose Anthricite exterior, black interior. Its my wife's car. I'll be lucky to drive it. The couple of times I drove it this weekend the car blew me away.
Stephen M. Gluck wrote:

I really like the no-nonsense way Acura equips the cars. With or without Navigation is pretty much it. Everything else is already all-in. If you like a fully loaded vehicle, and most people buying in this category do, then Acura gives you an outstanding value.
John

Some dealers step in with third-party options. Mine offered wheels, tires, seats, even new paint. In 2004, when we got our TL, they had the sales price well above $40,000 for an optioned-out car.
We just got the factory TL with Nav system...

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me
I think that if enough people let them know they should add a poll section to their web page, they might get the idea of what is more important HP or MPG. [url]http://www.acura.com/help/help_feed_index.asp?bhcp=1 [/url] I think in the end they'll have a reasonable divide and make a type s that sucks down gas but gets 320HP and then a gas sipping model that gets about 255 HP but gets about 40 MPG based on a hybrid engine that uses new recyclable lithium cell batteries and an optional plug in. You probably won't save money on the hybrid but at least the batteries are recyclable, it will reduce your trips to the gas station, better for the environment and less dependence on countries that have been at war internally and with their neighbors for 3000 years. Oh and if they do get it to 40mpg you can use the HOV lane in many states.
They tried to get close to this with the accord but the technology wasn't quite right yet. Without the HOV incentive (MPG not high enough) not enough people were interested. The older hybrid technology they used in the accord wasn't quite efficient enough to get the MPG where it needed to be. Using the newer technology as the next generation prius (est 80MPG) might get the acura up to 40mpg. Don't get me wrong - I'm not knocking honda for testing out hybrid technology in the accord - I applaud them - trying things is a great way to learn - getting feedback is another. Hopefully they can figure out that the 40MPG is a magic target they need to set their sites on if they want the accord to sell as well as the hybrid civic. Hopefully there aren't too many pointy haired bosses that assume some other reason for the accord hybrid's lack of sales compared to the civi c.

[url]http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleIdx27&categoryId ![/ur-