Would you buy Lexus or Acura?

I have test drove a few Acura and was very impress with the engine and "fun to drive" handling, suspencion, etc. However, Lexus just feels so good and the ride is smooth.

Now I know this is Honda group but which would you buy?

Reply to
Big Blue

I would not waste money on either. I would buy a Honda or Toyota or other ordinary car. Do you enjoy $300 oil changes?

Reply to
Art

Both great cars. Do you want the smooth cushy ride or prefer the more spirited driving? Get the one that puts the bigger smile on your face while driving.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

If you want a Japanese Buick that overall is impeccably built and should last forever, buy the Lexus and have it serviced at your local garage, not the Lexus dealer.

If you like fun to drive that's well built and probably will last forever, buy an Acura.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

It depends on whether you like to drive a car with a sportier suspension and handling characteristics or a car that is much softer and less adept at handling. Both are well built and very nice vehicles. Just get the one with the characteristics you like.

Reply to
Lee Florack

I have no idea where you got that figure from. I'm on my 3rd Acura and I've never paid anywhere near $300 for an oil change. For instance, the last oil change (at my Acura dealer) I got on my RL was $36. It included the normal visual inspections, a wash, interior vacuum and an alignment (toe-in) check.

Reply to
Lee Florack

Having recentley faced the same decision myself, I ended up choosing a new Honda Accord Euro (Acura TSX) here in Australia over a new Lexus IS250.

While I enjoyed driving both, the Lexus was just a little bit too expensive and I could get similar features in the Accord Euro (TSX) without having to pay an extra federal 'Luxury car tax', so I went with the Honda/Acura.

Reply to
hazchem

Well I am actually going by the experience of a friend with a similar Infiniti. Any time the car was in for maintence it required $300 of work not covered by warranty.

Reply to
Art

Which models are you considering?

What are your personal priorities?

John

Reply to
John Horner

At the dealer, sure. They figure people who are silly enough to spend $50K for a new car, don't really care about the minimum $300 service bill.

You should see what some Lexus dealers are soaking their customers for for simple oil changes.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Lee Florack wrote in news:XvMJg.31510$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

Acura's A/B/C services are the same as for Hondas. You pay a few bucks more, but they're pretty close.

Reply to
Nobody