1995 Audi A6 Spark Plug Torque Spec etc.

I purchased the Bentley Manual expecting that it would have info about changing the spark plugs and other routine maintainence included. Maybe I am stupid but from what I can see, no dice. I don't want to change the plugs without the torque specs and any other recommend "tips". Where can I find this info? Do I just remove the engine "covers" for access to the plugs? The manual doesn't even tell you how to do that. I suppose I can figure it out, but it would be nice to know where to look for the bolts/screws etc. I assume the ignitions coils are bolted to the top of the head with the plugs underneath.

My Toyota Factory Manual for my Tundra is much much better. I think this will be my last German car as they are beginning to make them impossible to do routine maintainence. Hell you can't even change the ATF without a VAG tool. That sucks. I think the only way to own the newer ones is to buy them new and turn them in when the warrenty runs out!

Anyway, don't mean to rant but any help would be apprecitated.

Thanks

Reply to
Soyboy

Soyboy, I can't help you with your particular model, but all of the Bentley Manuals I have you can look up "torque" in the index. IIRC there's a bunch of torque specs in a group, like head bolts, wheel lug bolts, plugs, etc. etc. The plugs generally take only a light amount of torque - like for Inline-5

10 valve engines (14 ft lb) and I-5 20V (22 ft lb) (from Audifans). Also from Af: "Bosch handbooks (red one, I think) says hand-tighten plus 90 degrees for a new plug, hand-tighten plus 30 degrees for a used plug." You'll probably find all the info you need for taking the covers off at
If you think that it's only the German cars that have everything crammed in under the hood, then take a tour of the dealerships - Ford, GM, DaimlerChrysler (ok, scratch that last one...) They're all using plungers to pack the stuff in under the hood. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ - can catch glimses of the ground through the engine bay 1980 Audi 5k - haven't lost a tool in the engine bay yet 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - can climb under the hood in a rainstorm to work on the engine (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears